Blue Ridge Parkway October 2008

Oct 19, 2008





























We had a wonderful time up on the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday. We didn't have any plans of doing this but what we had planned fell through so we ended up having a wonderful family day just hanging out together...it was wonderful! We aren't in our peak season here yet but the higher we went up the colors got deeper and richer. It was gorgeous! Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year and I was in heaven! I love living in the mountains all the time but fall is amazing here! We stopped for lunch at The Pisgah Inn and then headed back after 4 hours of exploring and just hanging out together. :) As Kiersten was sitting looking out at the mountains in one of the pictures above, she turned and said to me..."Isn't amazing to think that God created all of this in 6 days?!" I couldn't have said it any better myself. :)

5 comments:

  1. Rox said...:

    Wow! Those pictures are amazing! I love them. You had a great day to see the beauty of God's creations : )

    Roxanne

  1. Virginia said...:

    Oh my, Heather! Those photos are just incredible. I love it. It looks like your family had a wonderful weekend together! :)

  1. Anna M said...:

    Great photos once again!

    I am so jealous that you get to see the leaves change color!

  1. Alicia Sharp said...:

    God has defanitely been busy with his paint brush! You captured the colors so well. Love your pics!!

  1. Elinette said...:

    These pictures are so beautiful. I just found myself looking at them for a very long time. Last year we had a chance to see the fall trees like these in Michigan and Wisconsin. It was so breathtaking! That's one thing we don't experience much of here in Houston. By the way, I love the look of your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...