The Rush

Dec 11, 2008
















I have taken the plunge and joined a gym! We have this new gym in our area that my husband wanted to check out, so he made an appointment and we walked out of there as members. I'm still shaking my head a bit at that but I'm happy about it now. It goes right along with what God has been doing in my heart for sometime now and hearing the cry of it. We actually hired a personal trainer for me and I start next Tuesday.

I have struggled with my body image/self hatred for quite some time and I'm tired of it being my constant companion. And doing the above is only one step in the process of changing this and I'm looking forward to it. I'm tired of hanging my head in shame as I go into a store and know the cute clothes I want to buy are not going to be the ones that fit. I'm tired of waking up hating my body and what it looks like in the mirror. I'm tired of so many things that could go on and on a very long list and it's time to take that step.

I'm thankful for a husband that loves me no matter what I look like and has supported me throughout the years in my struggles. I'm thankful that he is my biggest cheerleader right now and is in my corner. He is a keeper!

I read a quote some time ago that has stuck with me and it said this, "The person we believe ourselves to be will always act in a manner consistent with our self-image." I'm tired of acting out of those feelings and God is changing my heart in ways I can't even believe right now. My heart wants to act out of the knowledge of this,

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well." Psalm 139:14

So I am on a journey to wholeness and who thought I would start it in a gym!


4 comments:

  1. Jen said...:

    That's great, Heather! Good for you! :)

  1. Hi Heather - remember me? Martha - I just read your blog and I to feel the same way about losing weight and clothes etc. I recently hired a trainer and it is wonderful. I am down 14 pounds right now and have 40 to go to reach my first goal. It will be hard at first but don't give up. You will become stronger and will build muscle.

    I wish you the best!

    Martha Crowther

  1. Anonymous said...:

    You have a beautiful heart. I'm proud of you for taking this step and pray that the time in the gym blesses you with a stronger body and a healthier you.

    (((Heather)))

    Blessings,
    Leslie

  1. Elizabeth said...:

    I will be praying for you Heather as you go on this journey!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...