This was me yesterday!

Dec 17, 2008


I had my first workout with a personal trainer yesterday and if you now the Wizard of Oz and when the scarecrow gets off his post for the first time, well that was me yesterday! It was pretty pitiful! My legs felt like jelly after a few of the things she had me do and when I walked out of there and off the curb and did the scarecrow dance right in front of everyone! :)

So today I am pretty sore but in that sick way it feels good. Feels good to know I actually did something yesterday for the good of my body and that I am on a new path. I will be working out 3 days a week with the routine that the trainer gave me and hopefully more if I can fit it in on cardio.

I also decided to join Weight Watchers (again!) to really give myself a good start. I have done a lot of different programs so I debated on doing it or not but figured right now I can use all the help I can get. I work much better when I have a program to follow and with the trainer and a food plan I think success is much higher for me.

I have to say it was a big struggle getting myself into the gym yesterday. Just getting dressed was a battle. The old tapes of "you can't do this", "you will fail yet again!" and so on were playing loud and clear in my head and it was quite hard. But I know this was just a battle coming from the enemy and my own weaknesses and I chose to not let that stop me. And I know this won't be the last time I battle with it but I will push through it. And just the idea of working out with other people was hard too. But again I did it! So many changes to make and I'm on a good path and I'm taking things one step at a time. On the path to a new me in more ways than just physically, spiritually and emotionally.

2 comments:

  1. Virginia said...:

    Girl, I am so proud & impressed by you! That is HUGE! Just know you have a cheerleader here in Alabama cheering you on- play those tapes in your head instead of the failure ones. :)

  1. Elizabeth said...:

    I am proud of you as well girl!!! After awhile you'll get into it and start feeling icky cause you missed a day at the gym! And WW rocks! I am still on WW to maintain and I love it!!!

    I am praying that Jesus meet you every single day at the gym to work out with you in his shorts too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...