Moving right along through the boxes and going great!
We are doing Albert from Volume 4 and it is such a cute story! We loved it!
This was the craft that we did today. Of course Kiersten said that this wasn't part of school but part of my reason for doing the workboxes is to put more fun into our school and that is just what happened today! The green bunny is mine and Kiersten did the little pig. Take note to their little cotton ball tails too!
So here we are all finished with our day that only took about 2 1/2 hours. I know somedays will be more and some less but I was quite happy with the turn out and how things flowed for our day. I have my week already planned out and all I have to fill the boxes up and be ready for tomorrow. It's pretty amazing what 12 bins and a shoerack can do to revamp your homeschool time! I'm loving it! :)
Here is what was in our boxes today if you are interested:
1. Read Albert
2. Discovering the Truth 10-2 (Language Arts) (from homeschool share)
3. Weather and Spring Season (Science) bbc website (homeschool share)
4. Art: Progressive Details (draw)
6. Craft (need to get glue) (our bunny and pig!)
7. Math (Identifying place value) (used Math Envelope Centers)
8. Math (mulitplication 2's and worksheet) (Blue Mammoth and flash cards)
9. What Does it Mean? (Take It to Your Seat Literacy Centers Grade 4-5)
10. Read Chapter one in The Case of the Hunchback Hairdresser (such a cute book!)
11. Before I was born book (yes we had the talk on sex! Kiersten's response besides giggling was to say a big EWW!!! when I read the part of the man's *enis going into the women's *agina!) Sorry if that's too graphic for you but that was part of our day! ;)