We all need reminders sometimes!

Apr 1, 2010

I attended a bible study this morning and God reminded me of some things I needed to hear and it was just what I needed.  I was already stepping out of my comfort zone and going to a group of all new ladies and new church and debated over even going but once I got there I was so glad that I did.  Even it if were just for what Papa said to my heart while we were there but was even pleasantly surprised at how comfortable I felt in the midst of all the newness and how welcome the ladies made me and Kiersten feel.  It was so needed!  

 They are doing a Beth Moore bible study of Daniel and the video that was for today could not have been more perfect for me.  We have gone through so much change in the past month and although we know we are doing what God has told us to do it isn't always easy and it is even easier to get my eyes on the circumstances and to start worrying about stuff.  

Beth talked about the first verse below today and how so often Satan puts his seal on things and for alot of people, especially from those looking from the outside, it seems that things are finished.  Just like when they rolled the stone over Jesus' grave as well!  But God has different plans then those of man and causes good to come out of those situations.  We took a huge step of faith to be where we are right now and I don't see the big picture but I know that God isn't going to bring us this far to leave us alone (or in the lion's den to be eaten alive!) We have put our trust in Him and followed His voice and I know that He will lead us the rest of the way.  

I am missing my husband terribly and as I sit here wishing he were with me I have time to question what the heck we have done.  Sometimes time is just a killer!  And I'm missing the comfort of my friends and the easiness of our relationships that we have gained throughout the years of friendship.  So much newness to take in all at once and it's not all easy, epsecially without my best friend at my side.  But thankfully I have God on my side and reminded me of that so gently this morning and how easily I forget that when I get my eyes on my circumstances.  My eyes are fixed on Him today as He gently reminded that He is right by my side and as long as we keep our eyes on Him we will be just fine! 

 Daniel 6:17-24 (New International Version)

 17 A stone was brought and placed over the mouth of the den, and the king sealed it with his own signet ring and with the rings of his nobles, so that Daniel's situation might not be changed. 18 Then the king returned to his palace and spent the night without eating and without any entertainment being brought to him. And he could not sleep.
 19 At the first light of dawn, the king got up and hurried to the lions' den. 20 When he came near the den, he called to Daniel in an anguished voice, "Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to rescue you from the lions?"
 21 Daniel answered, "O king, live forever! 22 My God sent his angel, and he shut the mouths of the lions. They have not hurt me, because I was found innocent in his sight. Nor have I ever done any wrong before you, O king."
 23 The king was overjoyed and gave orders to lift Daniel out of the den. And when Daniel was lifted from the den, no wound was found on him, because he had trusted in his God.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...