The Land Between

Nov 2, 2010
"It occurs to me it is not so much the aim of the devil to lure me with evil as it is to preoccupy me with the meaningless. " — Donald Miller
  This past month or I should say months have been  pretty hard for me.  It was kind of like life just stopped being fun (for the lack of any better word) maybe interesting would be more like it.  Emotions were coming out of me that I didn't know what to do with.  My answer as of late, was to just sleep.  Amazing how you just don't feel anything when you sleep...it's a wonderful thing!  But the problem with sleeping, is that you have to wake up sometime and the emotions are right there in your face yet again.  
I started a book a couple of days ago that has spoke to that place in my heart that I so needed it to.  God has been speaking to me all along I know but for some reason, today my ears are hearing again.  The book is called The Land Between and here is one quote that really spoke to me...
"I firmly believe that the Land Between - that space where we feel lost or lonely or deeply hurt - is fertile ground for our spiritual transformation and for God's grace to be revealed in magnificent ways. But in addition to being the bearer of mercy, I also have the privilege of challenging God's people to holiness, and while the Land Between is prime real estate for faith transformation, it is also the space where we can grow resentful, bitter, and caustic if our responses are unguarded. The wilderness where faith can thrive is the very desert where it can dry up and die if we are not watchful."

It was more than just moving that put me in this spot. It's something that I'm still trying to put my finger on completely but what matters now is that I see I have been making the choice to not allow God to use this time for something good.  Today I'm choosing to not let the devil preoccupy me with meaningless.  I have purpose and even if I don't know what that is right now in this spot, I can still do something.  I don't know what that is just yet but instead of sleeping my time away I'm going to do something different.  It begins with one step and today I'm taking that one step to something different; something positive.  One step at a time...I know that is all God asks of me and I'm thankful that I know that step is in the right direction today.  And thankful for the many ways God has used others to speak to me, especially in the past few days.



1 comments:

  1. Rachel said...:

    LOVE IT! So excited for you...I know that this is SUCH a hard place, but waiting to see what blooms in rapt expectation!!! You are amazing!!! You are LOVED! Cheering from a distance...((((hugs)))))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...